Graduate Scheme Details
GSCI are recruiting a London/Home Counties based Graduate Project Manager to join our graduate scheme. The successful candidate will be involved in delivering projects of various values and complexities across the HealthCare sector whilst continuing to develop project management skills and knowledge. On this two-year programme you will complete all aspects of our training plan including the delivery of key projects and support towards chartered status of a relevant professional organisation.
- On track to achieve/ already achieved a 2:1 or above in an engineering, construction or management related subject, you’ll have a strong passion for the construction industry
- Membership of a professional institute APM or equivalent is preferred but not essential
- Safety Management CSCS / IOSH preferred but not essential
- Demonstrable work experience in a project management capacity
- Previous relevant industry experience an advantage (i.e. previous internship, work experience or placement)
The candidate should be able to meet the following criteria:
- Work within complex and challenging commercial project environments
- Work collaboratively with clients and suppliers and delivered results
- Uphold professional and ethical behaviour in everything you do
- Project management and professional qualifications or be committed to achieving these
- A desire to work towards Chartered membership of a recognised professional institution
- Demonstrate an understanding of project development, implementation and close-out across a multi-disciplinary programme context
- An understanding of the NEC/JCT or other recognised delivery implementation that is applicable to the construction industry.
- Good practical application of Microsoft Project and all other MS software
- Well-organised, proactive, assertive, well-disciplined and commercially astute
- A team player with a ‘can do’ attitude, diplomatic, respectful and flexible
Responsibilities for the successful candidate will include:
- To Support the Project Manager or Senior Project Manager in delivering large and high- profile projects, managing a number of contracts and key stakeholders.
- Support in gaining project approvals and subsequently manage project expenditure within the sanctioned budgetary limits.
- Organise mission focused work team meetings including actions arising.
- Assist with preparation of reports for monthly client reviews.
- To support in the delivery of a portfolio of projects ensuring all safety, quality and environmental standards are adhered to.
- To support in the timely delivery of a portfolio of projects, to required Programme and Output Dates.
- To support in the monthly reporting of Projects.
- Where required compilation of Project Execution Plans (PEPs), Project Quality Plans (PQPs) and Contractual Documents.
- Support in identifying and managing project risks and opportunities.
- Ensure that project lessons learnt are captured and implemented within the team.
- Mitigating scope change and risk across projects.
What We Offer in Return:
- Competitive salary
- 28 day’s holiday (increasing during the scheme)
- Tailored Industry recognised training and development
GSCI Consultants Ltd are an equal opportunities employer that promotes diversity within our workforce and welcome applications from all sections of the community, regardless of sexual orientation, race, age, gender, disability, religion or belief.
Programme Start Date
10th September 2018
10th September 2018
31st July 2018